Saturday, September 26, 2015

MERRY Christmas

Muse:  ChristmasVisions 21

My card for this challenge is presented.  Ingrid provided us a very festive muse.  I was very challenged in making this card ... for one I had only two products with holly (the DP used and a microscopic-sized stamp)!!  I used the DP (that someone gave me) with small randomly placed holly and altered it by over-stamping with a ginger-colored ink using typewriter text.  For the underlying panel and "merry", I used a light copper-colored foil (foil is difficult to photograph ... it looks orange in the pic) that coordinates well with the ink.  For added interest I overlapped the letters in "merry."  Inspirations from Ingrid's card are:
-- text over-stamping
-- fishtail banner with sentiment
-- Merry Christmas sentiment
-- similar colors
-- holly

Thank you for looking and commenting ... your feedback is most appreciated.

Products:
Cardstock - MFT; DCWV; stash
DP - from stash
Dies - MFT - Die-namics
Stamp - MFT
Ink - Hampton Art
Adhesive - Scotch - two-sided tape; Martha Stewart - glue pen



7 comments:

  1. Marilyn - what a stunning card! I LOVE overlapping letters, haven't done that in a while - you've inspired me! And that typewriter text with the tiny holly is just too cute. I would never have thought to use that and it looks so cool! I don't know about you, but sometimes the challenging cards for me turn out the greatest! Love the color choices - the copper with the banner are just great. Thanks so much for playing along with the challenge at MCV! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun design Marilyn, the bold lettering gives the card a nice dimension.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun design Marilyn, the bold lettering gives the card a nice dimension.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really fun design - I love the tiny repetition of the holly and the overlapping letters! Great to see you at MCV this week, Marilyn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Marilyn. I am coming from Darnell's blog and happy to land here. Love how you have arranged die cut letters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job Marilyn as you said you were challenged on a number of fronts! Love the simplicity of your card - it has a balanced design with great contrast!

    ReplyDelete