Thursday, September 3, 2015

hello

Muse Challenge #131

When I was playing golf a couple days ago, I found an intact bird feather that made me think of this week's Muse Challenge where Carol Mayne provided us an interesting CAS card using interesting and various colored feathers.  IRL the "hello" captures all the colors in Carol's card (although the photo blends the blues and greens).  I die cut the hello 3 times (once with the colors and the other two with black cardstock) and offset the black just a little to help the colors pop.  The inspirations I took from Carol's card are the
--feather theme by using one feather,
--colors,
--5 letters in hello (instead of using 5 feathers),
--stitched panel

Thank you for looking and commenting ... really appreciate your feedback.

Products used:
Cardstock - MFT - Black Licorice, Sweet Tooth, Primitive White
Dies - MFT - Happy Hello, Blueprints 1 and 20
Ink - Ranger - Distress
Embellishments - MME - enamel dots; Wink of Stella - clear;  bird feather




3 comments:

  1. Wow! This is really well thought out and beautiful! Love the use of the colours and the real feather! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is thinking outside of the box at its best! Absolutely love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! Marilyn, your real feather is incredibly pretty, and pairing it with the multi-coloured hello, results in a breath-taking card! Unique and innovative! I'm thrilled that you drew inspiration from my card and added your gorgeous creation to the Muse gallery! Thank you!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete