Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Muse - You Were Meant to Shine

Greetings Everyone!

Muse Challenge #218 ... How fun ... a birthday celebration for Ardyth  ... 50 birthday wishes in this post!!!

This celebration includes using one of her cards as our muse ... and we have chances for presents!! I scanned many, many of her cards (getting inspiration galore) and found one created in 2012 that I chose to use.  My rendition includes layout, sun, red embellishment.

For the sun, I used the negative of a die-cut for a stencil and blended three yellow colors of Distress Inks. The center of the sun is a daisy die-cut colored with the same yellow Distress inks ... only inked deeper in color. Then, the die-cut was painted with a few coats of clear WOS to give it shine/shimmer. A ladybug embellishment was added for interest.

Wish everyone a fun day.
Marilyn

Card Stock - MFT; Recollections
Dies - MFT
Stamp - Precious Remembrance
Ink - MFT; Ranger
Embellishments - WOS; ladybug from stash

7 comments:

  1. You know, this is still one of my favourite cards that I made. But you took it up a notch! Love that you made it square and I didn't! lol! Thanks so much for the happy birthday wishes and for coming to my party at Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just fabulous and I love the sentiment,you took Ardyths card and made it your own!!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card and a great muse of Ardyth's card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a terrific take on the Muse card you chose.
    Love the little ladybug :-)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I very much like your take on the sun in Ardyth's card. And the ladybird is inspired! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your take of Ardyth's card - the ladybug is so sweet, Marilyn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola Marilyn, i´m glad to see you again on my blog.
    Fantastic take for MUSE Ardith card, the ladybird and the sentence is fantastic mix, i love it!
    A winner card!
    Hugs from Palma

    ReplyDelete