Friday, September 11, 2015

Merry and Bright (MFT - CDSCC)

For my card for the RIC and NBUS please scroll down.

MFT - Card Designer Superstar Card Contest

For the ornament detail I used the Stripes Coverup by cutting two colors of foil paper, alternating the color strips and cutting again to get the small squares.  The ornament is derived from cutting with the Pierced Circle STAX and arranged on the panel (cut using Blueprints 2) so the squares look more like diamonds.  I topped it with a bow from Blueprints 3 and added small rhinestone gems.  The combination of foil paper and the gems results in lots of sparkle perfect for a holiday card.  I think the Merry and Bright sentiment pairs nicely with the ornament.  (Note:  I believe I saw the process using the Stripes Coverup on Jill Dewey Hawkins' blog that led me to the idea to try it with foil DP.)

Thank you for looking and commenting ... your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Products:

Cardstock - MFT - Black Licorice
DP - DCWV - foil
Dies - MFT -Die-namics - Pierced Circle STAX; Blueprints 2 and 3; Stripes Coverup
Stamp - MFT - Starry Christmas
Ink - VersaMark
Embossing Powder - Ranger - silver
Embellishments - clear rhinestones - Michaels
Adhesive - Scotch - two-sided tape; Glue Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment